Some visitors of my page have asked which software I use to produce my tab sheets. Here is how.
1. The music is brought to paper with a pen, just a rough sketch (chords, licks, moves, fingering, etc.)
2. When I have a basic idea of how to play the piece, I transcribe it using Musescore, a powerful tool. And then I work it out,
play around with it, try different things etc. In this early stage, it looks like this:
3. When it finally sounds ok , I print it into a PostScript file, which I open in Adobe Illustrator and replace fonts,
adjust line thickness, lengthen stem lines etc.. Finished in Adobe Illustrator, it looks like this:
4. After that, I open a prefabricated template file in Adobe InDesign, import the PostScript file and do the final
typesetting, add song title,writer as well as some remarks and performance notes, if necessary.
5. Finally, I export the file as pdf for your pleasure. Ready.